Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
According to the guidelines given by the NAAC, the Institute has established Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) on 13th of July, 2015. Dr. K.N. Vijaya Kumar, Professor & Head of Mechanical Engineering is appointed as IQAC coordinator. The objective of IQAC cell in the college is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and coordinated action to excel and improve the academic performance of the institution on a regular basis. As quality enhancement is a continuous and ongoing process, the IQAC will become a part of the institution’s nervous system & it shall work towards the realization of the goals of quality enhancement & enrichment. In the fulfilment of action plan for performance evaluation, assessment, accreditation and quality up-gradation of the institution, the meetings of IQAC are conducted twice a year and proceeding of the meetings are maintained.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures:
- To develop timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks in the institution.
- To develop connotation and quality of academic and research programmes.
- To optimize and integrate modern methods of teaching and learning.
- To setup credibility of evaluation procedures.
- To develop the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services.
- To regularly monitor & support Research Facilities and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Facilitation and creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining/enhancing the institutional quality.
- Development and enhancement of Quality Culture in the institution.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
Please click here for the list of current committee members of IQAC.
The Internal Quality Assurance Report (IQAR)